So, my blog has mainly consisted of book reviews and some memes (although I've been slacking a little). I've noticed it's lacking a little with showing my personality. I guess I'll have to remedy that with some personal posts about books, ;p
This End of Year Survey is hosted by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner. Don't forget to check out the linky on her survey page to check out other bloggers' responses. Now hopefully, you'll gain some insight about some of my favorites this year.
Best in Books 2012
1. Best book you read in 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Agggg.... I can't pick just one...
Okay. So Richelle Mead is currently my favorite author. And so many people have read her YA Vampire Academy series but they always say they've never heard of her Storm Born series. And while I think Adrian is super hot, Dorian's even sexier.
Shadow and Bone. I was not expecting that story at all. It blew my mind away, and I had to locate the pieces afterwards. I also realized that I have a thing for dominating men in books. Don't know why.
Patricia Briggs is another of my favorite authors. I loved her Mercy Thompson series, but it feels like it's going downhill for me. Meanwhile, the Alpha and Omega series is picking up.
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't?
Two books I was totally looking forward to, and they just fell flat for me. The first made me realize that I don't really care for zombie books. Or I just don't care for suicidal girls (I'd never make it as a counselor). The second put me to sleep on multiple occasions. And while the first had many unexpected death scenes and the second made me very teary-eyed at the end, I felt they just couldn't redeem themselves enough...
3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2012?
So The Hunt kept me captivated all the way until the book ran out of pages. Then I immediately threw it out the window for ending so abruptly (the window wasn't open though, so it just made a loud thud). And Croak was such a cute book. You wouldn't think of grim reapers as being cute, but they are.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
The first I recommend to all of my cyber friends. The second I recommend to all of my real-world friends. Why? Because it feels like everyone in the blogging world had already read Divergent when I finally picked it up.
5. Best Series you Discovered in 2012?
Okay, so I classify favorite series as having read more than one book (otherwise you're just liking the book - not the series). So considering most books I read this year were the first in a series, I didn't have much to go off for this one. Luckily, the only series I've read this year happened to be one I really enjoyed (even though I think the second one wasn't as good).
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
I can't really say they're favorites yet, but they've definitely caught my eye...
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I kind of quit reading contemporaries after realizing that I just wasn't enjoying them as much as everyone else. But this one was a whirlwind to read. And while I don't plan on reading the second in the series, I would recommend this book to all YA readers.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read this in one sitting. All people who've read it should know why. For those that haven't read it, be prepared to spend some hours with it because you won't want to put it down.
9. Book you read in 2012 that you are most likely to re-read next year:
Umm... I don't usually re-read books. I just don't have enough time...
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
The colors are just so vibrant. I must have a thing with red...
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Cam from Unwholly by Neal Shusterman
Take a good look at the book cover; that's Cam. Anyone who's read this book should understand why I picked him (or maybe they didn't like the book as much as I did).
12. Most beautifully written book in 2012?
This was a hard one for me. And this series definitely flows well for me. It's like you're on a beautiful ride for four hours that you don't want to end. But all too soon, it does...
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Umm... So when vampires and werewolves start walking the earth, I'll work on answering this question.
14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2012 to read?
Refer to all of my other mentions for this book. Also, you'd think I learn from this one that I must read the second now (but I've yet to do this).
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2012?
Okay, so I'm not very good at remembering quotes that I loved. I definitely sticky note them, but I don't really do much with them after that. How do you guys manage to save all of your awesome quotes and recall them from memory so easily??
16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2012?
Math City by Ahmad Amani (66 pages)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (592 pages)
The Diviners literally rocked my socks off. That's definitely one that had me at the edge of my seat. Wait a second, didn't we already pass a question that was along those lines?
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers.
I love this series. And you'd think I'd have figured out the plot by now, but I haven't.
18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc.).
Myrnin and Claire in Last Breath by Rachel Caine
My favorite book in the series. It's also the eleventh for those who aren't familiar withe The Morganville Vampires series.
19. Favorite book in 2012 from an author you read previously.
Again, favorite author...
20. Best book you read that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else:
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I only picked this up after seeing all of the marvelous reviews.
1. One book you didn't get to in 2012 but will be your number 1 priority in 2013?
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
If you haven't figured out already, I'm a slacker. A slacker who has no excuses...
2. Book you are most anticipating in 2013?
Omens by Kelley Armstrong
I just barely heard about this new series. And Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors, so I'm curious about this one.
3. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2013?
Spend more time blogging. More time leaving comments. Saying hi to all of my internet buddies. I know you're out there somewhere...